Despite Fred Loimer’s ultra-modern winery in Langenlois and the breathtaking surroundings of the Kamptal Mountains, his philosophy and winemaking process is as green and earth loving as it gets. He has been adopting strict biological principles since 2006 to bring his winery into more natural and purer one. Trying to create a harmony between the diversity of people, animals, and nature, his 150-year-old baroque cellar has a traditional aging facility and practices a very traditional winemaking process.
He has been called "a cheerful epicure who thirsts for life, constantly burning with curiosity, a tireless worker, a quality fanatic obsessed with details, someone who doesn't let chance play a role, but instead plans out each and every step”. Further evidence of Loimer's obsession is his decision to farm all of his vineyards biodynamically – the most rigorous method and approach to sustainable agriculture that extends organic farming to the ultimate. His obsession with his wines and their ultimate quality made him one of Austria’s greatest and most heralded winemakers. Similar to many Austrian producers, Fred Loimer has a large number of wines made from nearly 21 hectares of wines. With more than 95% of the estate’s production being white, mainly Grüner Veltliner and Riesling, varietals eligible for the Kamptal DAC, he also works to produce world class Pinot Noir. Loimer’s wines always provide plenty of pure, natural flavors, a youthful zest, and uncomplicated drinking pleasure, qualities found in all his wines. He believes that “My wines are to give people pleasure, not a headache”.
Wines in our portfolio:
- Extra Brut Reserve (Zweigelt, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc & Pinot Gris, Grüner Veltliner)
- Brut Rosé Reserve (Pinot Noir, St. Laurent, Zweigelt)
- Lois Grüner Veltliner Niederösterreich DAC
- Lenz Riesling Niederösterreich DAC
- Grüner Veltliner Kamptal DAC
- Riesling Kamptal DAC
- Rosé Zweigelt & Pinot Noir
- Rosé Zweigelt (Double Magnum)
- Pinot Noir Langenlois
- Ried Loiserberg Grüner Veltliner Kamptal DAC
- Ried Seeberg Riesling Erste Lage 1ÖTW Kamptal DAC (premier cru)
- Ried Steinmassl Riesling Erse Lage 1ÖTW Kamptal DAC (premier cru)
- Dechant Pinot Noir
"Wines with Attention" - Natural Wines, Achtung! Range:
- Gluegglich (Zierfandler, Rotgipfler, Riesling, Chardonnay, Traminer, Muskateller)
- Muskateller mit Achtung!
- Traminer Alte Reben mit Achtung! (Old vines)